Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Kick, Push, Coast...
The process continues and I have hit a bit of a wall. With the change in the weather, it has become more difficult to find people skating outside to film. I could film in a skatepark setting, but I would much rather film them skaters out doors because to me it is much more visually appealing and street skating is just much more expressive. The choices made by the skater like what spot to skate, what ledge to grind, or how to gap different urban objects is much more interesting to watch then just cruising around an indoor skate park. In other news, I have starting compiling some stills as well as a library of music that I would like to incorporate into my film. The stills are usually of shots I deemed would be much harder to shoot on my own or of a skate trick more advanced than those I have been working with. Sometimes it also captures the viewer more when they see a familiar face rather than just random people. The music I will be including are songs from skateboarding video games, songs my friends listen to while they skate, and songs I have heard used in past skate videos for sponsors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment