Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Getting There!

So, to update, the documentary is coming along great and I have my voice overs ready to go for importing. Having the voice overs in there and finished I think will really bring the documentary together and really push the concept. It is nice to also have a voice that goes with all the images. You may watch people skate, but you don't really understand what they are feeling. What it really feels like to skate in the most simple terms. Skate boarding is a freeing experience, it's expressive! It is not only a set of wheels, an actual mode of transportation, but it is also a metaphorical vehicle. I always liked skateboarding a lot, but putting this video project really has made me realize why this sport is so appealing to me. Even though I do not skate, I have an appreciation for those that do and the skateboarding as a whole. After putting this together, the appreciation I have is even greater than it was before. I am really excited about how it has come together. While it does lack a convincing counter viewpoint, I think it just means that no one really has anything negative to say about skateboarding anymore. With child obesity at such a high rate, parents certainly have no reason to complain about something that gets there kid off the couch and moving. It is also a good way for kids to build friendships and be creative. I can't stress enough that skateboarding, the act, is like an art form. The conscious choices and sometimes unconscious choices  made that affect how a person skates is very artistic. How tricks are done and linked, not to mention where the trick is done is all creative and expressive. This is a public service announcement for all the haters that continue to judge skateboarding by the appearances and stereotypes associated with skateboarding. Open your eyes and recognize how amazing it really is! Watch the film and maybe you'll get the picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment